Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Electric Commuting!



Well, I'm happy to report that I've been doing my 30 mile round trip commute for the last two weeks in the electric car, now affectionately known as "Electrc" after the vanity plates that I now have on the vehicle. I'm averaging around 55 amp/hours for the total 30 mile round trip. I think I am pushing the pack pretty hard since by the end I'm sitting at roughly 144 volts with no current being drawn. I'm continually looking for a fast/easy on the pack route home, but getting to our house without going up a hill somewhere is pretty tough since Tacoma is built on a bluff. Here's a picture of the car down on the Ruston Way Waterfront:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats Brother! I'm glad to hear the vehicle is still speeding along (ok, might be an overstatement). Now it is time to get a good computer controlling it to better manage the use of current on the trip home.